Debbie is honoured to have received many awards for her humanitarian work and entrepreneurial spirit, as well as awards from the supportive Russian Administration acknowledging her work over the past 21 years:
- In 2018 Debbie received the highest honour in Russia when she was given the Order of Friendship Award by President Vladimir Putin at a special ceremony in the Kremlin
- Second Eurasian Women’s Forum 2018 Women in Charity Prize
- Image Businesswoman of the Year for Social Entrepreneurship 2014
- WMB Social Entrepreneur of the Year 2014
- Honorary Medal (First Degree) awarded by Russia’s Governor of Bryansk, 2010
- UNESCO Tolerance Award Winner, Russia 2009
- Irish Rehab International Person the Year award 2009
- Honorary Medal (Second Degree) awarded by Russia’s Governor of Bryansk, 2008
- Honorary Medal (Third Degree) awarded by Russia’s Governor of Bryansk, 2006
- Spirit of Ireland award 2006
- Irish Tatler Woman of the Year Special Recognition Award 2004
- Sunday Independent Woman of the Year Award
TELEVISION & RADIO
Andrey Malakhov Show, Channel 1, Russia
Claire Byrne Show, RTE Radio, Ireland
Good Morning Britain, ITV Television, UK
Joe Duffy Show, RTE Radio, Ireland
Late Late Show, RTE Television, Ireland
Marianne Finnucane Show, RTE Radio, Ireland
Miriam O’Callaghan Show, RTE Radio, Ireland
Pat Kenny Show, RTE Radio Ireland
Ray Darcy Show, RTE Radio, Ireland
Saturday Night Show, RTE Television, Ireland
The incredible story of how one woman’s determination led her to overcome any obstacles to improve the lives of vulnerable children. What started off in 1998 when Debbie Deegan promised a child that she would come back to hug and kiss them has grown into a successful charity doing life-changing work with thousands of orphaned and abandoned children across Russian through education and development programs.
This book details the lives of abandoned and orphaned children under the wings of care of the charity and gives a voice to the children who have told their stories of appalling neglect as well as their hopes and aspirations for the future from the safety of the haven made by the charity.
Is It True 2019 (Publisher Pending!)
This beautiful children’s book tells the tale of a magical Irish wishing tree.
"Debbie Deegan is a woman for whom there are no barriers, no borders, no politics"
Maria Buriak, Missia Charity Foundation
"her passion is tangible when she speaks"
Mary Kennedy, Irish television personality and writer
"I cannot recommend Debbie highly enough"
Marie Hunt, Executive Director, Head of Research, CBRE Ireland